Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Totara Class learning to be safe in and around the water

On Tuesday we had Aevril in the school to teach us about water safety.

First we had to discuss water safety and then put on a life jacket.


Then we made a huddle in a small group to keep ourselves warm and also so if a plane or boat is trying to search for us in a group they will spot us more easily.

After we made the huddle we then put an injured or cold person into the center of the huddle.

Then we moved out of our huddle making a line with a leader at the end and we all lay on our backs and kicked.


Some of the comments about this water safety session were:

"I thought I was going to drown - but I didn't because the life jacket saved me"   Daetyn

"It taught me how to keep safe in the water" Colin

"When we made the huddle, I got to go in the middle and it made me warm"  Kadee

"It sort of scared me" Bella







No comments:

Post a Comment