Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Clay Creations

 For Pet day we made clay creations, I know that you need to scorch the clay to make it stick together and you need to keep the clay moist so it doesn't dry out and crack.  

I made a turtle and in term 1 we all made a pig at Fern Flat. It takes 1-2 weeks to dry before you fire it in the kiln.  By Ava

Yesterday I made a clay turtle. The clay felt so weird, and I didn't like the feeling, it was so wet and squishy and also kind of cold and nice.  I got a chunk of clay to make a turtle and it had to be thick. 
For Pet day we made a clay animal, I made a penguin.  I loved my penguin.  By Georgia
Today I made a squid from clay.   By Xavier
I made a turtle on a paradise island, I had fun making it.  What you need is clay, water, a kiln and some other stuff.  You have to rub it to make the cracks all smooth.  In 2 weeks you need to fire it in the kiln.  By Colin

I made a seahorse with a baby girl.  So you will need:  Water, Tools and Clay. 

You need to take your time and roll the animal in the shape you want it to be in.  You need to dry it for 1-2 weeks then you need to put it in the kiln.  A kiln is like a very hot oven.  By Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment